2 Sunday and than Christmas is coming 😀
Did you start your Christmas shopping?
What do you think about an original crochet idea to decorate your presents?
A gift ribbon crocheted with Swan Thai cord!
“It takes pleasure meeting the gaze of someone who has just made a gift.”
(Cit. Jean de La Bruyère)
And is fantastic if you have made it with your hands, you donate a part of you!
This crocheted gift ribbon is very easy to do and I show you how to made it in this following video
For this item I used a golden Swan Thai cord from Tresfere and I worked with crochet hook size 3 mm
Code color: SW – 036
Abbreviations and meanings
- CH = chain
- SC = single crochet
- HDC = half double crochet
- INC = increase (2 SC in the same stitch)
- DEC = decrease (SC 2 together)
Crochet pattern gift ribbon
To crochet the bow I follow the pattern in this post, but I reload it here follow: I change the start point and I crochet from the center :
Work in row. Start each row with 1 CH (= is not a first stitch). At the end of the row turn the work.
- 1st row: Make 2 CHs and work in the 2nd CH from hook 2 SC
- 2nd row: INC in each SC (4)
- 3rd row: 1 SC in each stitches (4)
- 4th row: 1 INC in the first stitch, 1 SC in the next 2, 1 INC in the last stitch (6)
- From 5th to 7th row: 1 SC in each stitches (6 per row)
- 8th row: 1 DEC in the first two stitches, 1 SC in the next 2, 1 DEC in the last two stitches (4)
- 9th row: 1 SC in each stitches (4)
- 10th row: 2 DEC (2)
- 11th row: 1 SC in each stitches (2)
- 12th row: DEC (1)
- 13th row: INC(2)
- 14th row: 1 SC in each stitches (2)
- Repeat from 2nd to 12th rows.
Unit the two end together with 1 SL ST and work 1 SC around the bow. Fasten off and cut the yarn, leaving a long tail to view.
Now the bow is ready, make a band with chains.
Start in the 3rd CH from hook and work a HALF DOUBLE CROCHET in each chains.
Fix the bow on the band and leave a long tail before cut it. Wrap the cord on the center of the bow and make two knot to fix it. (watch the video for the details)
And now a recycle idea!
After using all gift wrapping paper, DO NOT trash the last paper roll but use it to make named tags for your Christmas presents.
In the video I show you how to realize tag with my daughter name “NICOLE”, I sign a “O” with a funny snowman and the point of the “i” with a snow ball!
Names your tags with the name of all the friends or parents who will receive your Christmas gift!
Make a hole where you can insert a piece of golden cord.
If you follow my crochet idea, sign MAKE IT in my PINTEREST profile
Make a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM with the hashtag #CHRISTMASIDEAWITHGIULIA !